2015年8月19日星期三

Subay and Ropes - How I started, why I started, and my rope journey

Subay and Ropes - How I started, why I started, and my rope journey

I started learning all about the BDSM community when I was 18. It's also when I first started exploring more about ropes.

I still remember my first rope bondage experience. I was tied in a gote by jute - my feelings were so complicated. It's not just about being restraint - there's a huge difference between being put in cuffs and being tied by jute - from the texture, the smell of the ropes, to the connection, the intimacy and the liberation (despite being restrained). For the first time, I felt like my soul and my heart really soar high into the sky.

That was 3 years ago. I didn't have a lot of experience or knowledge about shibari or kinbaku. I just loved being tied. But there were also not many experienced rope tops in Hong Kong anyway. I started getting more intrigued about ropes and I wanted to learn. But at that point, I didn't have any willing bottoms - and I suspected that it's because I was young, female, Asian and submissive. So I never got the chance to learn.

So I tried my best to make it to all the rope events in Hong Kong. I remember that there was a visiting rope top from America and I asked if he could tie me. And I was rejected rudely with this: you are not pretty and I am not attracted to you - why should I tie you? That hurt me immensely. And I told myself that if I were to become a rope top, humility would definitely be something I see as super important.

After that, I decided to get more serious about learning ropes. And for several reasons. I wanted to become a better rope bottom and I believed that more knowledge would allow me to give more useful feedback, and be able to perform better in ropes, and be able to tell which rope tops I could trust. Another reason's that I really wanted to be able to connect with others on such a deep level.

Finally, I had the chance to tie and learn in the Peer Rope group in London in August 2014. I met so many supportive friends and they were the people who kept encouraging me. I also started self tying to practice :)

When I got back to Hong Kong after this visit to London, I grabbed every chance I had to do ropes, learn and practice. I am now also hosting some rope socials in Hong Kong. I know that beginning is really difficult. I have been through that so I would really love to help others out.

I can actually foresee that my rope journey would be a difficult one as the rope scene in Hong Kong is so small and there are so few experienced rope tops in Hong Kong. But with passion and dedication, I will try my best to continue to develop and polish my skills. :)




終於有純英文的文章了XD
的確是一大進展~
會唔會吸引了一些使用英文為主的SM同好交流呢?

沒有留言:

發佈留言